updates!

9:41 PM racheal 4 Comments

And so i repent. Barely out of the starting gate and already i'm a lazy blogger! i have had so many great happenings in my life, but i have not posted any of them out of fear of words. Every blog that i read has the most creative text and interesting topics, i'll be honest when i say that it's more than a little intimidating. The only way i manage to write anything is by imagining that it's only for me, and some random stranger reading in Dubai.

UPDATES:

first and foremost: I've got a bun in the oven! Me, yes me. i am going to be a mom! and i'm SO excited. I can't wait to find out what it is. Personally, i like to think that i'm having twins, a boy and a girl. already i can feel my pelvic region growing or adjusting to what's going on down there. So, because i'm feeling a lot of activity, it sounds most reasonable to me that it's because of two babies! i'm just a little greedy, i know, but how fun! i promise i will still be ecstatic to have only one as well. i'm just doing my best to make this little pre-earth buddy of mine as comfortable as possible, though it has not been loving being inside of me! I have SO much sympathy for any woman who goes through morning sickness. sometimes i think God gives me little ailments just for empathy reasons. Luckily, I have the best partner through all of this. Garrett has been my hero! he cooks himself dinner when i don't even want to think about food, he airs out the house when i make a particularly pungent dish (corned-beef and cabbage anyone?), and he runs out on random shopping trips to hook me up with the one thing that sounds palatable. What a stud! I am looking forward to my first doctor's appointment in only 2 weeks, when i get back to Washington! i can't wait!!

Let's see.... other news?

I am typing this post on my very new iMac COmputer! My birthday was last week and Garrett spoiled me. seriously. Check out this beauty!


I am in love. One of my favorite parts was waking up on friday morning (my birthday) to a bunch of videos from all my family members singing to me on my computer. I have such a great family!

Last update for today: We are moving out! on friday we packed the entire house (with TONS of help from Garrett's parents) and sent all our stuff up to washington with them. Now Garrett and I are camping out in our living room on an air mattress, eating cereal out of a saucepan with plastic spoons, and Netflix-ing it up! It's amazing how much you DON'T need... though i really miss having a shower curtain...

Whew! well this was quite the post! i've caught up on recent events, perhaps established myself as only a slightly lazy blogger, and definitely cleared my conscience! Now i can go back to watching reruns of Iron Chef and "B" movies on Netflix. Thanks for tuning in!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe I forgot your birthday!!!! Oh no, and I need to see you before you leave. (if thats possible) In fact I am going to call you right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that wasn't so hard was it? =) Loved your post, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Washington? Olympia? Vancouver?

    ReplyDelete