Late Night Crafty Crafts

2:26 AM racheal 3 Comments

So I love my sisters.  That's a given.  I am so happy that I moved to Vancouver to live closer to them.  It has been such a HUGE blessing.  Babysitters on call, work-out buddies, moral support... you know, friends.  I love it.  And I LOVE that my kids will grow up knowing their aunties so well.  Which is why I am SO excited to have our missing sister come into town tomorrow for a several-day layover on her way to Hawaii (with her sweet boy Wyatt!).  So excited to have all the sisters together again.  Even just for a few days.  Hmmm... where was I?

the family, taken at our last gathering, minus mom, plus a few Swanger kids

Oh yes, I love being around sisters.  I have especially grown to appreciate this the past couple of weeks while Gretch and Al were in Florida at an Avatar (enlightenment) course. And because I love my darling sisters so much, I find myself up at 1:10 am, killing time with Garrett until I go to pick them up at the airport when their 1:30 am flight comes in.  Yeah, I am just that loving.  That, and it's nice to have an excuse to stay up late and be irresponsible.

(As I'm typing this I realize how lame I must sound... yes, I'm getting a little older and a little more boring and may consider 1:30 am on a Saturday way too late.  You caught me.)

So what does someone do to fill so many extra hours?  Awesome crafts!!


 Our only picture of Charlie with the car is of his first car wreck.  
Hopefully not a sign of things to come

A few weeks ago, Ali and Vince found this awesome Flinstone-style car at Goodwill, still new in the box! Char has been loving it up! So we decided to accessorize it.
I'm sorry that all photos taken in our apartment are of a ghastly yellow hue.  
Some call it bad lighting, I call it a "vintage" look.

Yeah, we made a gas pump.  Yeah, the pump is an old cell phone car-charger.  And yeah, we do feel pretty awesome! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Expensive gas :) Such a cute idea!! Sisters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You're awesome, you should pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the cell phone charger... genius! I stay up that late all the time (as consequence of nightshifts) and I'm not nearly that productive or creative! You are an excellent attribute to the 1:30am crowd!

    ReplyDelete