Potty Humor

2:41 PM racheal 2 Comments

This may be the best thing I've ever created. The rest of the bathroom is ok too, I guess, but I smile every time I see this bad boy.


I made it (old frame, chalkboard spray paint, chalk) initially with the intention to write something more inspiring, like "grateful", or "simplicity". The more I thought about it being in the bathroom, the more I started coming up with stuff like, "push harder" and other equally crass and silly things. This was the winner. I think the flower garlands really make it special.

My bathroom used to be beige with blank walls. I spend enough time in there (thank you IBS!) that I thought it worthwhile to spruce the place up.


I painted the mirror pink. Pink? Who does that? I second guess that choice every time I'm in there. At least it's thought provoking. This mirror is a hand-me-down from my mom and is a replacement for the builder-grade mirror that I very gracefully removed by myself late late one night. Word to the wise: when there's a 2 man project, that does not mean 1 woman. It means that if you do it alone, you will shatter the mirror and most definitely break your pedestal sink. Classy, I know.


I bought that awesome howling dog at a DI like a year ago. I painted it this awesome color with some of Oli's leftover wall paint. Now would be a good time to insert some sort of moon joke. If you're into that sort of thing.


Small bathrooms are really hard to photograph. Boo. but you don't need to see the plunger and the toilet brush and the baby-potty seat all stacked next to the toilet anyway.


Any suggestions for what else I could write on my chalkboard?

2 comments: