Tubeless

4:06 PM racheal 3 Comments



Here lies
Gastrostomy Tube, "G-Tube" 
May it rest in a Hazmat Bin forever
25 May 2013-9 April 2014
It will not be missed.


Oli got her G-tube taken out! Yahoo!

Her last photo taken with it at the doctor's office:


Poor fool has no idea what's about to happen. Just kidding. It was painless. The doc just deflated a little balloon that is on the tummy-side of the tube and pulled it out. It took all of 20 seconds.

I did an post-g-tube impromptu photo shoot. I know, too cute. Honestly, I just put her in the corner, in the box that holds our gardening shoes, threw a blanket at her and asked her to dazzle me. I tried to find some newborn puppies or a fruit outfit or something, but all I came up with was her slightly wet diaper. So we made it work.






She looks drastically different, I know. Right now she has a square of gauze and a clear sticker thingy to keep the gauze place. I'll have to post a photo of her little scar after it heals up.

Hooray for Oli!


3 comments:

  1. I don't know you. :) I just followed my way over here after seeing your intriguing photo on the blog post, and our mutual friend Anita commented on it. And I couldn't exactly tell by looking at her that she has Down's, so I read back through your previous posts. What a doll baby she is! Her personality just shines out, and you are so chill and fun. How blessed you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do feel very blessed. She is adorable! I'm really glad she is too because I'm probably too shallow to love an ugly baby :). Kidding, really. Thanks for reading and sharing part of my life! I love Anita!!

      Delete
  2. Gah she's the cutest!!!! She & Charlie look so much alike, I love it! Hurray for O!

    ReplyDelete